How was everyone’s weekend? Did you help make the Daddy’s in your life feel loved and special? We had a busy weekend here at our home. On Saturday we went to a water park, and Sunday was spent with family and enjoying my husband. So because of the packed weekend I have no project to share with you all. We were so busy and not home that I started the dishwasher on Friday night, and it just got emptied Sunday evening. We were not home for one meal all weekend. Like I said, fun but busy weekend. But I do have something special to share that has been a long time coming. My daughter Nora’s bedroom is done! It has been 6 months in the making but it is done. She loves it, and I know I did good because anytime someone comes to visit us she has to show them her room.
Before I show you the full reveal I will show you what it looked like before.
|these letters are a tradition, all three of my kids have them. I painted them when I was pregnant.
I have such a soft spot for them
She also requested a four poster bed, but since her bed is still in great shape and only a few years old I was put to the task of making her dream come true of having her bed encased in curtains. I have a full tutorial on a previous post here. The results were so cute, and something I would have loved to have when I was a little girl.
The canvas with butterflies is something Nora and I did together, full tutorial is here
The wicker chair was redone and painted by myself, full tutorial is of course here for your perusal.
The plethora of food and dishes are hidden in baskets under her bed. Usable but not seen!
This dresser was a old dresser from my Husbands Grandma. We painted it white and updated the hardware.
|her beloved Monkey|
|this was made by my mother in law. I selected the quote and this hangs on her door.|
The floor lamp and curtains were purchased at Goodwill too. The curtains were still closed and in it packaging. They are originally from Pottery Barn. Can we say awesome find?
The glass hurricanes were made my myself, if you want to see how easy it was click here. Nora calls them her pet butterfly’s. They are so sweet and add a bit of a whimsical flare to her room.
In the drawers is where we keep a lot of her small toys. They are organized and stay that way…. oh… 10% of the time. The other 90% is it all crammed in two drawers until I come and inspect it. Then the reorganization begins.
This is where her toys are kept. She informed me in the middle of this room redo that she was too grown up to have toys at all in her room. This was my compromise. She still plays with them quite often but I guess feels more grown up with them hidden. I remember putting my barbies in my closet when I was in middle school because I was embarrassed I still played with them. But I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Nora is 6, she still has a lot of childhood left.
My Grandma used to say this to me when she tucked me in. When I was pregnant with Nora I came across this and had to have it. I will be a little sad when the time comes and she will not want it in her room anymore.
I drew these bug pictures and framed them when I was planning her baby nursery. I was wanting to replace them with something better. But Nora and my husband put their foot down. Ganged up on me and insisted I keep them. It is Nora’s room so if she wants them she gets to keep them. I cringe at the fact that they look like something a child did when I am a grown women. But they do fit in her room very well.
dwellings, the heart of your home
the dedicated house, make it pretty monday
say not sweet Anne, sweet sharing Monday
2 crochet hooks, snickerdoodle Sunday
epic Mommy adventure, turn it up tuesday
the makers link party
savvy southern style, wow us wednesday
Lou Lou girls, fabulous party