This week has felt really productive. I am smack dab in the middle of the One room challenge and finally am making some major progress. For the first 3 weeks it was all about the bunk beds. I really wanted to make sure that they were going to stay on target with the 6 week timeline. Now that we are in the final stretch with those I can finally start to focus on some other projects.
Paint wall a neutral tan or gray Paint trim white
- Build bunk beds (working on it)
- Build steps to bunk bed with storage cubbies under them
- Create reading nook
Create gallery wall with boy’s names Make LEGO table that can have storage under it Paint big shelf
- Upcycle old toddler bed into chair
- Make a valance for windows
Update art work on walls
- ORGANIZE and CLEAN out toy’s!!!!
- Make guitar wall hooks
Paint crates for books
- Take out fan and install new lighting over LEGO table
Maybe I was a little too positive to start out, the bunk beds still need to be painted white, trim added, and the whole step/cubby system needs to be built. Just a few more things…
They are not putting the actual paint on. This is priming time. Because we used such dark materials and have a mix of woods we needed to even things out a little. The kids were into this for .2 seconds before painting fights, gang-like turf wars over paint territory, and someone was looking at someone wrong. The fun ended quick, just sayin.
I also found the bedding for the boys bed! I found it online at Kmart, score! It has maroon in it and the ideal color would have been orange. It was really difficult to find something with the blue, green and orange combined. I knew I wanted stripes. I think I can make it work. The boys love the comforters. This is them being ferocious!